Day 19

Hello all,

What a nightmare it has been trying to be able to do this blog. I could not get onto the internet last night when i came to start writing it, this morning i woke up and immediately checked if it was working and it still wasn’t and then just before dinner the internet started again!
I was even contemplating writing the whole blog on my i-phone and not uploading a photo but i felt like that would be pointless as this is a photo challenge! :’)

Meanwhile it’s Day 7 in Costa Del Wythenshawe. Things are going good so far.
I have gained more weight and lung functions have come back up which is great! I’m not very productive sputum wise and overall things are going good. Blood gases are okay and everyone is just happy with me which is good. I’m looking forward to seeing how long i manage to go before my next lot of IV’s.

In other news, i am going watching The Script this Friday with Chels and two of her uni friends and then on Saturday i’m going taking my sister to watch Mcfly with Chels; they are both at the MEN arena and meaning that i’m being allowed to escape out for a few hours on both Friday evening and Saturday evening. Not looking forward to all those bloody stairs though!
Chelsey is getting me a red nose at some point in aid of Comic Relief which is this Friday, i won’t be watching it obviously but i’m going to ask my mum to record it on sky plus so i can watch it when i get home.. i enjoy watching it.
Was thinking of doing a sponsored silence for it on Thursday but feel as though it may be too late by now :(
I will have to do it another time for CF or maybe the charity Starlight!

Yet another reminder about the ‘justgiving’ page for Ms Natalie Frenchum who is doing a parachute jump on the 11th of June 2011 all in aid of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
I know times are really hard right now but as little as possible all adds up and is a huge help and greatly appreciated!
http://www.justgiving.com/Natalie-Frenchum

On with todays photo challenge:


Day 19: A Picture Of Something That Inspires You.




I suppose the actual card itself doesn’t inspire me, the people who sign up don’t inspire me, the whole thought of transplant doesn’t inspire me, the person performing the operation and the team who take care of you afterwards aren’t my inspiration.. It’s the hope of being lucky enough to have a second chance in life. A second chance of having a life where the quality is better than the one i have now.
Motivate me to keep fighting, keep as well as possible so i can do everything i want to be able to achieve healthily IF i get that chance. It makes me a more positive person about my future thinking of everything i will be capable of in the future IF i get those lungs off an angel.
Just the thought of being able to do something such as go to college, uni, work etc without being held back due to my life being put on hold.
You see this is how it feels when you’re in this predicament. I feel like everyone is moving forward and life goes on but mine is stuck.. i’m in limbo. I’m unable to do something or make something of myself at the moment. I’m in purgatory.

I think positive about having a successful transplant and i get so excited just thinking about how different my life would be. Gives me hope for the life i dream of.
It’s not guaranteed that i will get that second chance as there is a huge shortage of organs.

Eventually my lungs will get tired and they are doing already.. i have had a tranplant assessment and i believe the time to head on the list myself is getting very close.
A friend of mine via facebook has been very inspiring to me.. she herself suffered with CF and was on the transplant list but she eventually got her double lung transplant in May of last year and although it's been a slow and steady recovery the improvement in her quality of life is unbelievable. She still has a way to go yet but it's amazing to see how drastically her life has improved. You can read her transplant story through her online blogs at: http://www.victoriaglen.co.uk
Her name is Victoria Glen and this lady has become a valuable friend whom i look up to and has inspired me to raise so much support and awareness for the crucial need of organ donar's!
It's a massive decision to make to become a donar and i understand how difficult and avoidable the subject is but if people just talked about it and thought about it a little more.. they'd realise that this is people's lives they will be saving. That should be enough to make EVERYONE join, right?

"Would you take an organ if you needed one? Nearly everyone would. But only 28% of us have joined the Organ Donor Register.
More than 10,000 people in the UK currently need a transplant. Of these, 1000 each year – that's three a day - will die waiting as there are not enough organs available."
- NHSBT. Organ Donation Website.

Sign Up!!
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/


Take Care, Soph xoxo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. Woop! The script! I'm going on Saturday in Newcastle. Hope you enjoy yourself and your freedom for a bit :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a brill weekend hun u deserve it xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig